Cooking with König:
1. König cookware is pre-seasoned to get non-stick and chemical free coating, so you are ready to start cooking
2. Your cookware is compatible with all types of heat sources, except the microwave.
3. Apply light coating of cooking oil and use a lower heat setting to pre-heat the surface and also avoid cooking frozen food to prevent food from sticking the Skillet
4. Our handles can get hot, so protect your hands by using a handle holder
5. Avoid cooking acidic sauces in cast iron skillet
1. Remove your food from the skillet after cooked and wait for the skillet to gradually cool down before washing
2. Clean it with chainmail scrubber or bristle nylon brush and water. Avoid using sharp edged brush which will destroy the natural coating on its surface. If needed, scrub the cookware with a paste of salt for the stuck on bits.
3. Dry promptly and rub with a very light layer of cooking oil preferably while the cookware is still warm. Hang or store cookware in a dry place to avoid rust.
*For extra sticky situations, simmer a little water for 1 minute, then use the chainmail scrubber after cooled.
**Do not use cool water to wash the cookware to avoid damaging the cookware
1. First, wash the skillet with warm, soapy water and a sponge or stiff brush. Cast iron should not normally be washed with soap, but it's fine here since the pan is about to be seasoned. Dry with clean cloth to avoid rust.
2. Second, apply light cooking oil all over the Skillet
3. Third, place the Skillet upside down on the oven's center rack at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hour. Place a sheet of aluminum foil below the rack to catch any drips.
4. Last, turn off heat and allow to the Skillet to cool completely before removing from oven. Store in a cool dry place to prevent rust.